I am pleased and proud to announce the establishment of Crew West serving the West side of Grand Rapids and surrounding communities.
The affiliation with GR Crew Juniors allows us to tap into resources and programs otherwise not available to our members. It will also ease the travel demands of young players wanting to play under the Crew banner of excellence while residing in the West suburbs of Grand Rapids.
The Meulensteen curriculum is the second reason our club will differ from others. This proven and exciting program is only available at the Crew West program, and all coaching staff is Meulensteen Licensed along with USSF and/or NSCAA coaching licenses.
Coaches, parents, and players will work hand in hand to develop the players to their full potential.
Our coaching staff is well respected and known for their ability to develop young and aspiring soccer players. The Meulensteen curriculum is embraced by each of these coaches and they are fully committed to develop your child and to unlock their potential!
Meulensteen’s “Moves & Skills” Benefits:
- Player centered program
- Proven method (Danny Welbeck and Tom Cleverley, current Manchester United First Team players and trained by Coach Meulensteen since his arrival at 2001 at Manchester United are shining examples of the “Moves & Skills” method.
- Clear and inclusive curriculum with great detail on the “Ages & Stages” of development
- Building confidence through positive feedback and repetitive skill training
- Parent meetings at end of each season (fall, winter, spring, summer)
- Player evaluations at end of each season (fall, winter, spring)
- Video updates of Rene Meulensteen addressing players and parents of our club
- Travel to England as individual or team participating in tournaments/friendlies starting Summer 2013
- Meet and greet with Rene Meulensteen, First Team Coach of Manchester United, June 2012
- Monthly newsletter full of tips and information valuable for players and parents.
Grand Rapids Crew Juniors and Kentwood Crew Juniors affiliation benefits:
- Additional training options for the motivated and talented young players
- Winter training at MVP with players of the GR and Kentwood affiliated clubs
- Sharing of resources (admin, promotion, facilities, meeting rooms, etc.)
- Ability to create special tournament teams